Sunday, September 25, 2011

Finances

I try not to think about the financial impact this has had on our family.  Starting Samuel in a private school with a full time aide was a huge mistake.  Yes, he learned a lot, but I could have had the same help in the public schooling system for no money. 
His Paces tutor is quite expensive as well.  However, my husband and I agreed that we should do whatever it takes to get him the care and expertise he needs. 
Another thing that has taken a toll was cutting gluten out of his diet.  Studies have shown that kids who have no gluten in their diet are less likely to throw tantrums, get frustrated, etc. I must admit, I have seen a change.  This diet is more expensive, as are most specialty diets.  However, I know it's worth it.
Through all the days my husband and I have had to miss work because of outbursts and doctor's appointments, we are both very lucky that we have understanding bosses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment